10.01.2005

High Point University.. the stepping stone to poker greatness.

or not...

Its been tough here. Higher stakes, bigger pots, and more LAG than a Win95 Server running Battlefield 2. Winning a 70 dollar pot with a hidden set, to losing 3 $20 buy-ins in an 8 hour marathon. Compare this to the 5 dollar lunch table games back home... damn.

***

I'll actually start posting now, considering all this free time I have.. especially at 1 in the morning. Oh yeah.. and I have to get up in 6 hours to go run 12 miles. I heart Division I Cross Country.

***

So, with the expense of my very low, stagnant bankroll, I've learned alot about position, and how playing "any 2" can actually be profitable.. ESPECIALLY at the short-handed tables. For example... after 30 minutes of the LAG experiment.. I finally get AA. So I raise my usual 5x BB amount, and get called in 3 places. AKJ flops... I get the pot, get raised all-in by UTG. MP folds.. I call. He flips over..... K5o.

Wow.

And this guy was T/AG not 5 minutes ago... until I stole about 3 pots from him when he missed the flop with his overcards :D

***

I'm learning, and with a free 5 dollar coupon from Pacific Poker, building the bankroll up again. My goal is 100 dollars by next weekend (definately possible), cashing out, and then hitting up the MTT's at Pokerstars. Which.. BTW..

Poker Championship

I have registered to play in the
Online Poker Blogger Championship!

This event is powered by PokerStars.

Registration code: 7453874

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home