12.09.2004

The roller coasters are closed for the season, but i'm still going up and down...

well.. its definately been interesting. Since i posted, i've been up 6 for the week, down 2, and now up 4. I had had some bad sessions in the .25/.50 $5 NLHE, but its all one long session anyway, so i'm not too worried. Some key hands:

Tuesday:

1st hand, held my favorite 9-4. It was suited in spades (helped me start the rush of turning $1 into $13 in 5 minutes one time), and i was the BB. 3 limpers, and i check.

Board is x-9-A. Frank bets .75, and i know he has an ace. Its folded to me, and i call, just knowing that something will come up. The turn brings another 9 (the case 9, i learn later) to give me the 3 of a kind. I know i have him beat, so i call Frank's bet of a dollar. I'm looking pretty good, especially since someone said that they folded an ace (the table talk at this game is definately worth the high blind structure.) So here comes the river...

Ace of clubs.

I just outdrew him.. and now he outdraws me. jeez... i fold, and he has the ace, just like i thought.

I should have gone all-in on the turn and showed him the nine. Then he wouldn't have called (he's not an idiot, like one person I've been playing with.. more later) and i would have a nice stack...

Thursday:

Could have had a nice stack of about 19 dollars to start with, had i been able to see in the future.

Had 5-5, flop was 7-3-2. Was planning to raise when Frank and Rob go all-in right away. It was the first hand, so everyone was at 5 bucks. I didn't call, because i knew that they had to either have overpairs, or a set of 7's. But of course, just guess what the turn was...

5 of clubs.

Oh well, it would have been stupid of me to call, i would have had about a 5% chance of making it. Rob and Frank's hands? Red 9's and Black 9's, respectively. Read that one right...

I'm down to 1.50, allin with A10d, and get a straight, to put me with enough money to take on the resident fish at our table. (I don't want to embrarass him, so i won't put his name here.)

I have about 6 when I have Q10. Its me and Fish to the flop. It comes up A-J-9, giving me the open ended straight draw. I call his 2 dollar raise, thinking he was all-in. (he was hiding the rest of his cheaps so he would be even at the end.) The turn is a 3, and the river a 6, for a board of A-J-9-3-6.

I don't get my straight, but when the cards are flipped, I have the ace high. I thought i would get beat by some random pair (he plays some crazy cards. His hand? Q-4, for the Queen high... Yeah... i didn't mind, i made some money off him.. but everyone was speechless...

Jeremiah

-6 overall, +4 weekly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home