12.02.2004

Thou shalt look at the board, and raise.

Mother of pearl... The worst part about being beat by a fish, is when you are the bait...

I'm at the regular 4th period game. First hand I get A8 in the BB. Only the SB calls. The flop is a decent 7-A-9. I have top pair, decent kicker. The SB bets .75. Unforunately for me.. i figure him to be on a bluff, or he has no idea what he has. He also plays some crazy hands, and i'm worried if I raise, he'll still call. So I just call. Turn is a blank. I call another .75 bet. River is a Jack. Now, i don't even see the straight possiblity (frankly, we were using the only deck available to us from Hooters... yeah.. it shows various Hooters girls. It can be distracting.. no wonder I didn't see the straight.) He bets 1.50 on the river with the jack, and i figure he only has a pair of jacks.

He flips over 8-10 for the nut straight.

Damn...

Now i'm down to 1.50, with the blinds coming around quick... not cool.
So much for Agression.. i was slapped around like a b****. by a fish no less. If i had raised the flop, i could have either gotten him to fold, or been able to fold my hand when he called. Maybe he's actually turning into a decent player and I need to show him some respect.

I can't believe I made such an amateur mistake. I might have to take a break right now.. i'm down 11 dollars. (Which is big, its hard to make all that back in one session...) I need a big tourney, $10 buy-in might be nice. I seem to play better at someone's house, instead of a cafeteria where we play maybe 15 hands and there are hundreds of people talking too...

At least some of the girls on the cards were pretty.. but I prefer regular NONDISTRACTING cards from now on... though that Queen of Hearts is sexy...

Jeremiah

-11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home