11.29.2004

Pass the chips...

Poker chips are wonderful things. As one found on badbloodonpoker.blogspot.com, "Money is an abstraction of Labor; Chips are an abstraction of Money."

Of course.. it costs money to buy them, and then they represent more money. hmm...

Clay chips are the way to go. I found some great chips at Target. For $40, you can get 240 4-color clay chips. They feel so good, and are much better than those cheap plastic sets (100 chips for 3 bucks) and even the carosels with plastic chips. My friend has some; they feel like they should be much heavier, but they are way too light. I feel like I can break them. (But he has a pool table to play on, so its all good :D )

pokerchips.com has some decent sets, but i haven't gotten enough money to buy any. If I have really good run, maybe i'll splurge and buy some...

Jeremiah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home