10.15.2005

There's a leak, and I just found it.

But how in the world do I plug it up?

---

Playing in a .25/.50 cash game. 400 dollars on the table, due to MULTIPLE rebuys by the fish. Me like.

Dealt pocket 9's UTG (6-handed at this point.) I raise to 2.5 dollars, and get called by the BB. Ragged flop, 37T. I disregard the Ten, because this player just doesn't have that Ten. I know he doesn't, so I bet out the pot when he checks to me. He calls. Kind of a weird call.. but I've seen worse from this player, so A7 is definately possible, especially if he put me on overcards.

Turn is another rag, completing the rainbow, and making it very hard to make a straight. He checks again, and I push. He pushes his equally even stack and flips over one 7.

Then another 7.

f***. (Btw, no two-outer for me.)

----

Now, how do I avoid this? Is this just part of the overhead that comes along with being a poker player? I have to bet the entire way, there was never any reason to not bet. Except for maybe his calm composure (usually he's a "thinker" and thinks forever). I must be playing online too much.

----

Well, I'll comtemplate this problem as I enter this 20+2 LHE on Ultimatebet. It was a $2500 guar. with only 20 people!! well, until 5 minutes before the tourney... and now I can't be removed. crap. I guess I'll learn how to really play LHE very quickly. Like being chased like a murderer and learning how to use a bow-and-arrow very quickly.

Pray for me. Top prize is over $600... but we keep approaching the "overlay" limit. This should be fun. [/sarcasm] Hopefully it's a long night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home